How to Maintain Your Sticks
The Filmsticks Clapper Sticks are a professional tool, and are designed to be fully stripped down, cleaned, and re-assembled. You will be able to keep them in full working order.
To clean the sticks fully, you can remove the 3 screws and nuts, using a Philips Screwdriver and a Hexagon Nut Driver with an 8mm attachment. If you don’t have one of these, then a spanner or wrench will also work. The components consist of 3 screws, 3 Hex Nuts, 2 identical side plates, and the top and bottom Sticks.
Once you strip the components down, you can clean the side plates and the sticks by using soap and water. When drying, always use a soft cloth.
Do not use the following when cleaning the sticks:
No acidic products
- Align the tongue and groove on the inside of the sticks and line them up.
- Fix the End Plates on both sides, and as they are universal, they can go on either side of the sticks.
- Using the FRONT side of the sticks (holes on the left when front facing), insert the 3 screws and attach the hex nuts on the other side by hand.
- Tighten the bottom screws first until they are secure.
- Tighten the top stick screw, in accordance with the tension required for damping and movement of the top stick. This is to give you the level of resistance you want when slating.
- The final check is to ensure that the alignment of the sticks is correct, and the clap of the sticks is clear and crisp.
The sticks also have a North and South magnet installed. It’s quite strong! These are custom made. Accidents can happen, and should you need to refit or replace a magnet then you will require a spare part from Filmsticks. To fit a magnet if it needed, use any form of yellow glue, and use a small drop of the glue on the bottom of the magnet, push down on the magnet, and then use tape or a band to hold the magnet in place for a couple of hours.